Often I don’t like coming up with a dressing and a plain green salad is just too boring and as a result, I skip the salad because. So I thought I have to get in my greens and create a flavourful but still simple dressing. And that is the outcome that I am so happy about.
In fact, the sweet roasted cherry tomatoes match the tangy rocket salad amazingly.
Finally, this dressing is the perfect mix between sweet oranges and sour balsamic. So it fits the rocket salad, roasted cherry tomatoes and crushed walnuts just perfectly. As a matter of fact, now you don’t have any more excuses to leave out the salad. Therefore, I suggest trying out this amazingly tasty rocket salad with orange-balsamic dressing!
- 100 ml balsamic vinegar
- Juice from two oranges
- 80 g rocket salad
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- Coarse sea salt
- 30 g walnuts
- ½ red onion, chopped finely
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the sauce ingredients in a skillet and let it simmer. Stir occasionally. The sauce should be thick enough after 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the cherry tomatoes. Cut them into halves and top them with rosemary and sea salt. Put the tomatoes into the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering and the tomatoes baking prepare the rocket salad. Wash it (as necessary) and put it onto two plates.
- Next, roast the walnuts for about three minutes.
- When the tomatoes are ready and the dressing is thick and sticky enough (and not hot anymore) top the rocket salad with tomatoes, walnuts and red onion. Finally, add the dressing!