I have so much love love love to give to Italian food and you won’t blame me, will you? Anyone does, I know. But instead of pizza pasta all the time I tried to “reinvent” a classic appetiser and create something new (but still traditional). So that leads us to the following recipe: Three different kinds of bruschetta. Of course I hope that you will love love love this recipe as well.
Want the perfect Italian starter? Having a bunch of people over for an aperitif? Or just want something easy and unexpected good looking for a snack? Then go and buy all ingredients, make the bruschetta and enjoy.
The three different bruschetta all complement each other and still every type is so unique in flavour. You will be surprised. No need for fancy ingredients or long cooking, so that’s a big plus as well.
Last but not least; the recipe itself! 🙂 Of course you can try other combinations, it is as easy as it sounds. However I hope that you’ll like the recipe. Enjoy!
- 6 slices of your favourite bread (I used kind of a dark bread)
- 1 tomato, finely cubed
- ¼ little onion (2 tsp), finely chopped
- ½ clove of garlic
- 3 leaves basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- Pepper, sea salt
- 100 g champignon, chopped into slices
- ½ little onion
- Handful of rocket salad
- 2 strawberries
- see “Rocket salad with a sticky orange-balsamic dressing” (https://nutsaboutvegan.com/rocket-salad-orange-balsamic-dressing/)
- First, put all the “tomato topping” ingredients together and set aside for at least 10 minutes. Now the flavours can fully develop.
- Secondly make the dressing according to the recipe “Rocket salad with a sticky orange-balsamic dressing” (https://nutsaboutvegan.com/rocket-salad-orange-balsamic-dressing/).
- So now put the champignons and onion together in a skillet over medium heat and let simmer for 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Now roast the bread gently in the skillet you used before.
- When the bread is ready, add the different toppings and drizzle the dressing over it. Your taste buds are ready to explode!