Hello there. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. As you may have figured out already this blog is all about veganism especially about vegan food recipes. If you have questions or if you are just curious about veganism or why I am vegan I recommend visiting these sites: Why vegan and FAQ. Finally, this is my very first recipe I ever created: Udon noodle with savoury peanut butter sauce. I hope you enjoy this dish and stay tuned for more vegan deliciousness!
This is my favourite kind of food: fresh, lots of vegetables and 100% satisfying. Sooo yummy! Exactly what this udon noodle with savoury peanut butter sauce recipe is.
Recently I have been to Prague. I’m so in love with this city ever since I’ve been there for the first time some years ago. This time I’ve been there the first time as vegan and most surprisingly for me: The vegan food options are endless and particularly endless delicious. Actually, I wasn’t prepared for such a vegan-goodness-overload.
As a result, my top recommendation is the vegetarian restaurant (with many vegan options) “Maitrea”, which is located in the heart of the old town. Due to the incredible food there we visited the restaurant three times. It is probably one of my all time favourite restaurants I’ve ever been, make sure to check it out while in Prague. These udon noodles are inspired by the udon noodle dish we had there, so hopefully, this recipe will honour what it is inspired by.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 3 stalks cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- ½ tsp ginger powder (or use ½ inch piece of fresh ginger)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces
- ½ - 1little broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 pak choi, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 400-500 g udon noodles
- Optional: sesame
- Start by putting all the sauce ingredients together and blend them until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add a splash of water and the broccoli. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. You may add more water if the broccoli starts to stick to the pan. Meanwhile, cook the udon noodle according to package instructions.
- Next, add the bell pepper to the broccoli and cook it for two more minutes before adding the pak choi. Let the veggies simmer for another 3-5 minutes. They should still be firm to the bite.
- Heat up the pan with the veggies and add the sauce until it boils up. The sauce should thicken up right now.
- Finally, add the cooked noodles and mix everything. Decorate with cilantro and sesame. Now it’s ready to serve!
* If you don’t like one of the ingredients in the sauce, just leave it out, the sauce will still be delicious.